Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Unflattering

Photographs can be a plain girl's nightmare. And sometimes you just have to tell yourself to get over it. But it's hard.

Photos can only really show physical looks. Other great attributes of a person can't come through. And if your looks are nothing special (which we all know looks aren't everything) then you can find yourself very blue over being tagged in pictures on Facebook.

You're looking at some very unflattering picture of yourself thinking, "If only they could see how imaginative I can be! Or that I can cook. That I can be fun and burst out singing and dancing like my life is full of single person flash-mobs performing Disney songs."

Alas, pictures only show your looks. Good, bad, ugly. That's what you get to be judged by. That's all there is to see.

6 comments:

  1. Great post. Very often we fall for the whole Bad=ugly and Good=pretty. If you have a copy of The Wizard Of Oz, you can even hear the good witch say something to the effect of, "Oh, only bad witches are ugly."

    It's up to us to break the cycle of judging based on Lookism!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I don't have a copy, I'm going to have to pick one up.

    When I hear people making negative comments on someone's looks, I am the one who annoys everyone by defending that person saying they probably have some really awesome traits. That looks aren't everything.

    But yes, let's break this cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh--but only in the movie version! Frank L. Baum would never spout such nonsense!

    And I'm with you; I break up the fun negativity party with cold water such as that as well. It's gotta be done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah the movie! Gotcha. I haven't gotten around to reading Frank L. Baum yet.

    But of course. :)

    ReplyDelete