Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Oil Cleansing Method

I am a pale girl (think vampire with a blush) with very sensitive skin. Finding ways to cleanse my face has been difficult at best. Everything seems to irritate it one way or another. Especially anything with fragrance or Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, which is almost everything.

(Not me.)

Being into organic/natural DIY beauty products I have read a lot about the Oil Cleansing Method. After getting fed up with my skin being all upset with what I had been using, I finally tried the OCM about a month ago.

I love it!

Basically I read many, many blogs and articles on it to figure out the exact way to do it. I'll admit that it's a little bit trial and error the first few days. I think on the third day I got it down pat. 


Every night I massage my face with a mixture of one-part Caster Oil to three-parts Olive Oil with a couple of drops of Tea Tree Oil that I have premixed in a flip-top bottle. Then, using a moist warm washcloth I lay on my face and let it steam out the impurities until the washcloth turns cool, rinse it out and wipe the remaining oil off my face. Sometimes I stream it once more. No need for make-up remover because this does the trick.

Since doing this I have almost completely eliminated my need for moisturizer. If I am feeling like I need a bit more moisture I rub a little bit of Virgin Coconut Oil (yes, the kind you cook with) on my face.

Simple Organized Living has a great blog post about it. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment