Friday, November 11, 2011

Noise

Have you ever noticed that when you're tired and/or agitated noise seems to be extra annoying? It just grates on your nerves.

As I sit here typing this I have earplugs in. (A little weird, I know.) I am tired and all the noise going on around me seems to be more then I can handle. Of course the ear plugs don't block out the major noise, just the small stuff. Like the sound of me typing. It's weird to type but not hear it.

They also amplify the sound of whatever is going on in my head. I can even hear my heartbeat. It's like being underwater. How I miss the days that I was short enough to lay submerged in the bathtub pretending to be a mermaid.

I have often lamented that we cannot close our ears with as much ease as we can our eyes.  ~Richard Steele

I crave silence. I want to be underwater.


2 comments:

  1. hello do you know which photographer is this one , by the way pretty good blog..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. :) Unfortunately, I do not. I've seen it all over the internet and I usually give credit to the photographer but I couldn't find where it came from to do so. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete