Saturday, October 29, 2011

OCD

    I haven't been posting because I'm anal retentive. It's the sad truth. I can't just write when I feel like writing. Or for the sake of writing. It has to be perfect, or at least as close to it as I can get. I obsess over everything.
I had a friend in basic training last year that I would write and what he doesn't know about my letters to him is that there were several copies of each one. It went like this...
  1. Type out letter on computer.
  2. Edit letter.
  3. Write it out on notebook paper.
  4. Write it "For Real" on stationary.
  5. Then re-write the "For Real" due to minor errors.


I technically wear glasses though few people ever see me with them on because I find all three pairs to be crooked so they drive me nuts. And on more than one occasion they have been thrown across the room for not being straight.

My eye doctor gave me a speech about getting over my obsessive compulsive issues. It didn't work.

For the record though, I am working on it.
A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault.  ~John Henry Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment